> Shawn McKenzie wrote:
>
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >>Hello Shawn,
> >>
> >>How to enable php 5.2.5 with MySQL 5.0.51a ?
> >>
> >>Thank for your help !
> >>
> >>Edward.
> >>

> >Make sure your extensions path is correct in php.ini and uncomment the
> >extension=mysql.ini line in php.ini.
> >
> >-Shawn
> >

> Hello,
>
> 1, I had edited with extension=php_mysql.dll
> 2, Test the php with mysql by using php page with phpinfo() function,the
> result of mysql is enabled.
> 3, I can edit the db data though the phpmyadmin tools.
> 4, BUT test the connection with mysql as the following code is fail :
>
> <?PHP
> //remember to change the password to whatever you set
> //it to in mysql instance configuration
>
> //first parameter is server name, 2nd username 'root', 3rd is password
> $rst = @mysql_connect("localhost","root","root");
>
> if (!$rst){
> echo( "<p>Unable to connect to database manager.</p>");
> die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
> exit();
> } else {
> echo("<p>Successfully Connected to MySQL Database Manager!</p>");
> }
>
> if (! @mysql_select_db("mysql") ){
> echo( "<p>Unable to connect database...</p>");
> exit();
> } else {
> echo("<p>Successfully Connected to Database 'MYSQL'!</p>");
> }
> ?>
>
> The warning message is "Access denied...."
> So, any more help ?

That means that the user "root" with the password "root" does not have
permission to connect to the MySQL server. I'm late to this thread,
but if you have not touched MySQL's user accounts in any way, there
should be a user "root" with an empty password.

Try: $rst = @mysql_connect("localhost","root","");

--

-David.

When the power of love