On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 2:07 PM, TG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is \n included literally because you're using single quotes for the
> variable?
>
> $textdata = 'This is a test\nThis is the second line';
>
> vs...
>
> $textarea = "This is a test\nThis is the second line";
>
> I would guess a lot of the pages you find are talking about what to do
> with
> the text after submitting through the textarea, not re-displaying with
> proper breaks when loading a page containing a text area that should have
> data.
>
> -TG

my client ask me about this problem 2 weeks ago. he want the text to
automatically
go to new line after user type until the end of the line. The only possible
solutions so
far is using wrap='hard' or wrap='soft'
eg: <textarea cols=10 rows=10 wrap=hard>
but wrap only work on IE & Netscape browser. Not working in firefox.
i guess i want to use javascript to do the text formatting. trigger the
javascript event
every time the user using the onchange event (i never try)..
i is quite complicated & i dont have much time working on it.
so i decided to tell him, it cannot be done :)