[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
As LDAP can have SQL back-end (I saw an example with PostgreSQL) - is it a very wild idea to implement (a simple) LDAP server in php?

We have all the address data already in PostgreSQL and a php application managing all of it.

I am thinking of simple uses, such as providing LDAP address books to Thunderbird/Squirrelmail users.

For instance, is it too wild to think of Apache/php listening on the LDAP port (or so), get the request, parse it, get the data from PostgreSQL and send it back to the LDAP client?

If ldap can already use a database backend, just use the normal ldap_* functions to do all of the work, don't re-invent it all.

http://www.php.net/ldap

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/