Hoo-boy. It's been a long drought. I just checked my mail and "PHP" was
BOLD. YAY!! THE LIST'S BACK UP!!

Wonderful!

More seriously ...

Can we get a report on what happened?

If this happens in the future, is there some way of putting an alternative
in place quickly? For example, could phpbuilder take up the slack?

Could this outage lend fuel to the "Who do you sue?" and "Open Source is
unreliable" schools. Having said that, I recognize that PHP-based sites
around the world kept running, as did php.net itself.

Great to have this list back - Miles Thompson