Dear All;

Hi, this I imagine should be an easy question for some of the ex[perts out
there so please help. I have install PHP 4.0.5 on a WIndows 2000 Server SP2
with IIS CGI; and am using the php.exe. When I try and access a page
generated using php say like http://domain.com/page.php I get the Windows
2000 logon windows comes up. If I log in the page works fine, also I'm able
to access http://domain.com/cgi-bin/page.pl files without them bringing up
the logon screen.

I've gone into the web site properties and have recreated the site with all
anonymous setting and I still get the same thing When I go into Web Site
Security and turn off the Windows Authenicatiion  I get you are not
authorized to view this page even though it set to anonymous.

I've tried it usieng the deafult web site, creating a brand new web site,
still get the same thing. When I go and change the permissions on the
php.exe from within it's file properites and add more users I get CGI ERROR
Headers Not Acting right and not returning what they should and then it's
just blank, it never tells me what it isn't returning.

Also, I have the directory set up to allow everyone to read & run scripts
and executables, just not write

No matter what I do I either get yuou are not authorized to view this page,
or the logon screen and if I logon it works, or the CGI ERROR I mentioned
earlier.

I don't understand why I'm able to run a perl script and not a php
executable. I also get the same stuff if I try and access it locally on the
same machince it resides on.

I hope this gives you enough info to answer my question please help before I
really mess things up.

Sincerely

Brian