[snip]
So to my question: does anyone know of a site or forum where people
request apps or sites to be built and then it can be voted on to track
the people that are interested?  I'm not talking about sites where
people post paid development requests.  Something open and
non-contractual in the spirit of open source.

The two open source projects that I have developed came from being part
of a community and answering the same support requests in the forums day

after day.  It occurred to me that I could create something to do what
the users kept asking.  So this would be the same idea, just more broad.

If no one knows of good site(s) like this, does anyone think it would be

beneficial?  Would you use it?
[/snip]

http://sourceforge.net/index.php