-----Original Message-----
From: Angelo Zanetti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 17 April 2008 09:48
To: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: [PHP] FRench characters not displayed correctly

Hi all.

We have taken over a site and a problem we have is that French special
characters aren't displaying correctly, they are displaying a weird square
block.

I have checked the content type and it's as follows:

I also notice that the "charset=iso-8859-1" is missing in the above meta
tag, could this be affecting the characters?

I have seen that there is no DOCTYPE declaration, could this be the problem
if this is omitted?

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

TIA.

Angelo

Web: http://www.elemental.co.za

I have also found that we can do this:

But I am interested in finding out if the doctype declaration is a
contributing factor.

Thanks
Angelo