From: Splashy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 19 June 2001 15:29
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] HELP problems running PHP4 script in CRON

Hi,

Please find script below and hopefully tell me why when I run it over
the web it works perfectly but when I run it using cron or in a telnet
session it errors saying no such file or directory.

THIS IS THE ERROR
/*
./fetch_news.php: ?: No such file or directory
./fetch_news.php: syntax error near unexpected token
`fetchnews($mysourcefile,$m youtputfile,$myflashvar)' */

THIS IS THE SCRIPT
<?
#Requires 3 Params
#$mysourcefile = path to content source html file #$myoutputfile = path
to content output html file #$myflashvar  = Flash variable you wish to
assign the content to eg:mynews, mytechnology

function fetchnews($mysourcefile,$myoutputfile,$myflashvar)
{
     $mysource=fopen($mysourcefile,"r") or die ("Couldn't open the
Source file");
     $myoutput=fopen($myoutputfile,"w") or die ("Couldn't open the
Output file");;
     fwrite($myoutput,$myflashvar);
     while (!feof($mysource))
      {
           $myline=fgets($mysource, 1024);
           $stripquotes=eregi_replace("&#039","`",$myline);
           $stripcolors=eregi_replace("COLOR=\"#.*\"","",$myline);
           if (eregi('^<a.*<\/a><br>',$stripcolors))

            {
                 $newanchor=eregi_replace("<br>","",$stripcolors);
                 fwrite($myoutput,"$newanchor<br>");
 fclose($myoutput);
 fclose($mysource);
}
?>
<?
fetchnews("http://www.moreover.com/cgi-local/page?c=Graphics%20industry%
20ne
ws&o=html","graphicsnews.php","mynews=");
?>

All help and advise is as always gratefully received!
Splashy.