Tyson Vanover wrote:
Jim Lucas wrote:

Their are two ways that come to mind.

1. Like Dan suggested, use the full path.

2. (I prefer this way), change your include_path setting either in your php.ini file, virtual host, .htaccess or in your script to include the base path for your web site "/srv/www/html/" and then you can call them by simply removing the leading slash from your existing calls.
    require 'Tools/tool1/tool1.php';
    require 'Tools/tool2/tool2.php';

So in say, php.ini, I set the include path to something like:

include_path = ".:/php/includes:/srv/www/html"

Will pointing it at "/srv/www/html" open up any security holes?

None that I am aware of. Doing it in the php.ini file will make it available to any host that you have that uses php. Just be aware of that fact.

--
Jim Lucas

   "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
       and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
    by William Shakespeare