On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 8:51 PM, robert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Cool! yes Fasterfox could be it. If anyone cares, it also gave me some
> clues to what I was looking for: "offline browsing". Certainly better
> keywords than "page suck" :)
>
> thank you everyone!

Well, "site rippers" is a more suitable name today, as most people are on
fast DSL/cable connections so no need for "offline browsing". Those days are
gone.. sigh!

Is your site content-heavy? It could be someone trying to download your
site's content to use for whatever reason it might be, or it might be just a
script kiddie trying enjoying his time. Anyway you should it take it
seriously and investigate the information available at your hand about the
source and cause of these actions.

Here's a nice tutorial on how to deal with these scripts by blocking them
through the use of robots.txt and .htaccess. It's a part of a series so
you'd better start from the first part.

Regards,
Usamah