>> See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/savepoints.html
>>
>> The situation might not come up but it can't hurt to have it already
>> built in "just in case".
>
> This doesn't appear deal with *nested transactions.* It appears that it
> will use a single transaction and you can just save up to a certain
> point upon failure. As of this point, it's all or nothing b/c we are
> dealing with fairly crucial information. However, I will look into
> building savepoints into the class so that I'll have that option in the
> future.

Sounds like a difference in semantics :P In my head they're the same
thing - if the middle bit fails, it'll roll back. If it works, you
continue doing whatever you're doing. If everything succeeds then you
commit everything at once. If part of something fails, then you roll it
all back. At least you're more protected in the situation I mentioned
above where you'd get partial data saved.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/