On May 27, 2008, at 923AM, Bastien Koert wrote:
Interesting to know, however the OP's question was about using PHP to run
the scanner, not on the already present PDFs in the FS.

That's not how I read the question, but clearly I could be wrong...

Could / Would you be willing to share you solution on
merging the PDFs? That is something that I am interested in...

I've been meaning to suggest that the OP look at pdftk (http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/ ) - though it's not a PHP solution, it's a great tool for working with PDFs. It can make otherwise tedious, time consuming tasks with PDFs quick and easy.

Brady