Thijs Lensselink wrote:
Quoting Mathijs van Veluw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Thijs Lensselink wrote:
Quoting Mathijs van Veluw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hello there,

i use imap to read incoming mail from the the SMTP server.
On the live server everythings works as it should.
I can use imap_open('/path/to/file', '', ''), to read just one raw-mail.
On my test env i can't get this to work.

I get the error message: "Can't open mailbox".
While on the live server it works and i get the correct resource
"resource(42) of type (imap)".

I realy don't know what the problem is.
Can someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.
Mathijs.

I didn't work with IMAP much. So one suggestion could be to check if your dev box is behind a proxy server. If you're using SSL check if it's enabled on your dev box.

the imap_open() only gets a file location.
This file containts a raw-mail, so no need for ssl or proxy stuff etc..

It doesn't give a file location. it creates a resource. This resource you can use to retrieve the data.

SSL is no option like you said. I would at least check the proxy. I'm behind a proxy here also. And for remote communication i use a proxy class.

Maybe somebody else on the list can point you in the right direction.

Ill explain it a bit more better.
I have a file with something like the contents at the bottom (without the --).
Now on my live server i can use: <?php $imapResource =
imap_open('/path/to/file-with-contents-at-bottom', '', ''); ?>.
This works like a charm, and i can use that resource to extract the information
of that contents of that file.

Now if i use that same script on my test server, it doesn't work anymore.
And i get the following error: "Warning: imap_open() [function.imap-open]: Couldn't
open stream /path/to/file-with-contents-at-bottom in ...".
This file is located (for example) in the document_root of the web server.
While on the live server the $imapResource is an 'resource(42) of type (imap)'.

So i wonder how i can fix this imap_open() problem.

Im sorry if i don't understand your response very well if that could be the
solution.

Thx in advanced.