[snip]
I am having a problem with trying to count the number of rows returned
by my
query. I connect to the database fine, my query displays and runs fine,
but
my row count is incorrect.

If I do not put in any serch criteria and my basic query ends up being
"SELECT * FROM brev_pending_summary_detail" then the value of $rowcount
is
110796. If one search criteria is used the value of $rowcount becomes
11080.
If both criteria are used the value of $rowcount is 1108.  110796 is the
correct value of my total rows in the table, but the other two values
are
inncorrect and appear to just be one digit shorter and rounded off.
[/snip]

http://www.php.net/mysql_num_rows