Dan Shirah wrote:
Jim,

I placed it above like you said, but i get the same result. I think I need
to do something like the below:

if(!empty($query)) {
while ($row = ifx_fetch_row($query)) {
for ($i = 3; $i <= 50; $i++) {
 $stat_year = $row['stat_year'];
 $stat_month = $row['stat_month'];
 $name = $row['_name'];
 $case_number = $row['case_number'];
 echo "This ".$stat_year." ".$stat_month." ".$j_name." ".$case_number."<br
/>\n";
 $objPHPExcel->getActiveSheet()->setCellValue('A' . $i, $stat_year);
 $objPHPExcel->getActiveSheet()->setCellValue('B' . $i, $stat_month);
 $objPHPExcel->getActiveSheet()->setCellValue('C' . $i, $name);
 $objPHPExcel->getActiveSheet()->setCellValue('D' . $i, $case_number);

To get it to work I need to set the $i value to the starting cell I want.
so, $i = 3 means that setCellValue('A' . $i) means the output will start
populating the data in Excel cell A3. If I use the code above I get an
output of the exact same record in rows 1-50.  Maybe I need to put my query
results into an array and use the $i value to select that row of data from
the array also?

Looking at the example at the following URL
http://www.codeplex.com/PHPExcel/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Examples&referringTitle=Home

You can see that infact they do give the column/row combo in the setCellValue() method.
--
Jim Lucas

   "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
       and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
    by William Shakespeare