Hi,

We are developing web application. The client wants it to get connected to
their central database server in USA. Web server is in Singapore.

Web server configuration  - Situated in Singapore, unix / php / mysql -
this database is only for some special cases where application does not
require  central database.

Main central database server - Situated in USA, HP UX / sybase

On web site we will be providing product listing and order form. After the
order is confirmed and payment is made, client wants to update some fields
on central database.

Can anybody give me the details, how to do it? If I am using php, how to
connect to remote server's database? What are the components require on
both servers? How will be the network configuration? Any information
source? Any mailing list for network connections ?

Thanks in advance
manisha