From: Robert Cummings [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008 3:21 PM
To: Wei, Alice J.
Cc: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: RE: [PHP] mkdir permission errors

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 15:11 -0400, Wei, Alice J. wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    The apache  is running currently on root as the user.
>    The parent directory, test, is set to 0755.
>    I have no problems making new directories directly from the terminal
> prompt, and it does not give me user execution errors like the one in the
> following.
>    I am getting confused with why I can create directories now no longer
> through the PHP but only through the command prompt manually.
>
> Does this give you information on what my problem might be?

Can you post the following command's output to the list or me personally
if you think it's sensitive:

    ps awxu | grep 'apache|httpd'

If apache is running as root as you say then it shouldn't have any
problems doing anything (that's a very dangerous way to run apache btw).
So either apache isn't running as root (maybe you think invoking the
daemon causes it to run as root -- it doesn't), or PHP itself is causing
the access denied problem (safe mode? base dir?).

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com