I am having trouble getting a file to download to work in Internet Explorer.
The site works fine in FireFox.   The page retrieves the contents of a file
from a database and outputs the following

<?PHP

header("Content-type: application/octet-stream");

header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=\"{$data['filename']}\"");

header("Content-Description: PHP Generated Data");

echo $data['file'];

?>

Where $data['filename'] is the name of the file as stored in the database
and $data['file'] is the contents of the file.  The script used to download
the file is called view.php.  As I mentioned, this works great in FireFox
but with Internet Explorer, I get the following error:

Internet Explorer cannot download view.php from www.yourdomain.com.

Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested
site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Robbert