hi

I have trouble while creating an DOMDocument. When I make $test = new DomDocument('1.0');
php tells me a warning error like:

Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found ...

Because of unknow reasons the DomDocument constructor expected a tag like '<test />'.

Ive looked in the manual and see DomDocument::__construct([ string $version [, string $encoding ]] );

btw when I type $test = new DomDocument('<test />'); then comes no warning error.

Why can I not create a dom document like $test = new DomDocument('1.0'); without any warning error?

I can suppress the warning with @. When I make var_dump on $test it comes

object(domdocument)#1 (0) {
}

that means the object is created.

I use XAMPP with PHP 5.2.6 on an windows vista machine

thanks for any help