On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 11:37 AM, tedd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 11:23 AM -0400 7/21/08, Daniel Brown wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 11:11 AM, tedd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>>  That's the way it works PROVIDED that you do not use the following in
>>> your
>>>  code:
>>>
>>>  header('Location: http://www.yourdomain.com/whatever/index.php');
>>
>>    Was this line of code included in a script access at
>> http://www.yourdomain.com/whatever/?
>>
>>    If it wasn't HTTP (vs HTTPS), in the /whatever directory, under
>> the www. CNAME, then the cookie would be invalid.  If it WAS still
>> adhering to all of the same, did you use session_write_close() to save
>> the session data to disk before redirecting?
>>
>>    If all else fails, be sure to read through the user notes on the
>> manual pages.  For example, session_start() has a bunch of manual
>> entries with the term 'location' that discuss quite similar issues,
>> including resolutions.  Note that if they don't contain suggestions
>> and/or resolutions, we delete them, to make sure that the user notes
>> are as concise and helpful as possible.  Felepe (Pena) and I deleted
>> or modified over 700 of them in the last two days alone.
>>
>>    Check out the user notes on session_start() here:
>>
>>        http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.session-start.php
>
> Ahhhh, I think I see now what the problem was.
>
> The original session was started using:
>
> http://webbytedd.com
>
> and my redirect was using:
>
> http://www.webbytedd.com
>
> Thus two domain and two sessions.
>
> Thanks for bringing that to my attention. It's always nice to finally
> understand something.
>
> Cheers,
>
> tedd

You can fix that, too, but setting session.cookie_domain to
'webbytedd.com' rather than letting it default to the current
HTTP_HOST value. That should allow the session cookie to be sent to
'ANYSUBDOMAIN.webbytedd.com' as well as just 'webbytedd.com'. Of
course, make sure you actually want this behavior. Some sites will
rely on different session pools for different subdomains.

Andrew