Alain Roger wrote:
Hi,

i'm currently analyzing an e-shop system.
i understand how to display products and so on, however i still have some
question marks on the following topics:

1. what is the best way for showing product image ?
- to store them in DB or onto filesystem as simple image files ?
touchy point there, some people do the first, others the other. If there is no need for any metadata to be stored with the images (apart from a productid), and no specific access rules which would require satisfying, you might aswell store it on the filesystem. It's actually a bit easier on the server as you then just have apache pick it up, and the user could cache it vs. having to query the database each time.
- each product should have 2 images (1 small when user browser the
catalogue, 1 huge (standard) when user wants to see how product looks like).
Should be 1 or 2 images ? I mean should i store in DB/filesystem the
standard file and reduce size for user browsing ?
Reduce in what way? You can have the user look at the full image and then downsize it via CSS/html-properties, but that usually results in crappy quality. Instead most people create a thumbnail on the server when the product is added, store it somewhere and then just have their image-tags point at that.

2. billing interaction
basically i was thinking to allow users to pay via PayPal, Bank2Bank and by
credit card.
- What i do not understand is how can i interact with such third party
company ?
It all depends on what way the company allows to be used. Usually what happens is that you redirect the user to some specific URL on the company's site including some info like the vendor (=you), the amount to be paid, the product name, the url for the redirect back to you. Then when the company has finished the whole payment thing, it will redirect back to the page you told it to redirect back to. Next what (usually) happens is that the payment-company's server makes a connection to some script on your server (usually via http), and sends over information about the payment (orderid, amount paid, etc).

Once you recieve that, you can do with it whatever you want. Systems may vary though, depending on which you use.

- for paypal: how can i redirect user to PayPal and pay to my account and
how to get back information that he paid (and that i can send the good) ?
Check the paypal website, it has excellent documentation on this.
- Bank transfer: how can i control it ?
What's there to control ?
- Credit card payment: how can i be sure that when user give me his credit
card number, my application will secure it enough ? how can i get back
information that it's true...user paid the good and i can send him the
product ?
Don't do it yourself, have a trusted 3rd party company do it for you (ie. interpay or equens)

thanks a lot for all your feedback.