Hi,

At the moment I've taken over a group of individual systems that all do their
job well enough independently, but all need to talk to one another. For
example, one system handles stock levels, one system handles sales leads,
another handles special offers, etc. etc.

A complete rewrite is in order but as a step towards that, I'd like each part
to be able to communicate and keep the other systems aware of their own status.
eg. the special offers system needs to know whether there is stock of a
particular product.

Each system is running on a separate server and I need that level of separation
to continue, what would be the best way of setting this up? I had used SOAP a
while back on other projects but would this be the best solution in this case?
Is there something better suited?

To give a rough estimate of the data, the special offers system will only hold
roughly about 100 offers and be changed every month or so, the sales leads are
only catching incoming website form enquiries (maybe about 50 a day) and the
stock levels can change maybe once or twice a day but only normally by either a
mass import or removing a sold product.

Thanks for any help / advice!

Win New York holidays with Kellogg’s & Live Search
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/107571440/direct/01/