Chris Haensel wrote:

> I am having some problems with our new server. exim4 is installed, and
> I am trying to send a mail via the mail() function.
>
> Script:
>
> <?
> ini_set ("error_reporting",E_ALL);
> echo ini_get("error_reporting")."<p>";
> if(mail("[EMAIL PROTECTED]","test","ding")) {
> echo "Ja";
> } else {
> echo "Nein";
> }
> ?>
>
> Exim is a Mail Transfer Agent. It is normally called by Mail User
> Agents, not directly from a shell command line.

The command line 'sendmail' or 'mail' is also an MUA, as is the PHP
mail() function.
I don't know anything about exim, but check that you've got 'sendmail'
installed (for use from the command line).  Alternatively, check what
exim expects to use, and amend the php.ini::sendmail_path accordingly.

/Per Jessen, Zürich