Hi,

I need to generate an online proof for vinyl lettering. Customers specify
the text, font, colour, maximum frame size (mm) (ie the width and height it
must fit into), and whether or not they want to keep aspect ratio (ie not
distort the lettering).

I want to represent all this on a single image. So it would display a border
with their width and height on, and inside this would be the text in the
appropriate colour and font – if they decide to keep aspect ratio the text
would not be distorted. If they do not, it would be. The image would always
be 300px wide by 150px high (these would need to be constants that I could
change from time to time).

I’ve got a very basic proof working using a GD wrapper, but I don’t think GD
is powerful enough to do it all, nor do I recon my programming skills are up
for it. Has anybody got any advice on how to tackle this, even if it is just
bits of the problem??

Thanks,

Alex Chamberlain

No virus found in this outgoing message. Scanned by AVG Free 8.0
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
18:53