I am debugging someone else¹s code, and this is what they have :

1055    function mkdir_recursive($pathname, $mode)
1056    {
1057        is_dir(dirname($pathname)) ||
mkdir_recursive(dirname($pathname), $mode);
1058        return is_dir($pathname) || @mkdir($pathname, $mode);
1059    }

The part that bothers me is that mkdir_recursive calls itself from within
itself.

I am not an expert on this particular type of thing, and maybe that is
allowed, but it seems wrong to me, and this error is being generated:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mkdir_recursive() in xxxxx.php on
line 1057

--
Stephen Johnson c | eh
The Lone Coder

http://www.thelonecoder.com
continuing the struggle against bad code

http://www.fortheloveofgeeks.com
I¹m a geek and I¹m OK!