At 2:26 PM +0100 8/21/08, Ashley Sheridan wrote:
I don't understand how people can fall for this kind of thing, all those Nigerian scams and the like. For every person that falls for it, a million more emails get sent, making everyone elses lives hell :(

Ash
<>www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

I hate to admit to this, but some 15 years ago I was consulting for a company doing oil exploration in Nigeria and I received a very elaborate and believable Nigerian scam. It was complete with signed and official documents from both the Nigerian Government and the Bank of Nigeria.

I passed the proposal through two attorneys and the decision was to participate. Of course nothing happened and we did not lose anything. But the first Nigerian scams were very believable.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------