Micah Gersten schreef:
What is the point of figuring that out?  If we knew that, we might be
able to help you with a solution.   As it stands what you want is not
possible AFAIK.

you know wrong. he has all the info needed.

1. the document root of the site (/var/www/example.com)
2. the requested URL             (http://www.example.com/foo/bar)

extract the path from the URL and stick into to the document root,
problem sorted. No?

do this:

var_dump($_SERVER, $_REQUEST);

read the output it contains, it should have everything you
need although you will have to do some munging.

for more esoteric setups you will have to test the code
for completeness and possible expand it's capability to
be able to tackle those situations.

take it a step at a time.

me thinks I made it sound more complicated than it is for
most scenarios ... reading your last post it seems the
answer is (for now) quite straight forward.

Thank you,
Micah Gersten
onShore Networks
Internal Developer
http://www.onshore.com

Ólafur Waage wrote:
I am within a certain directory of the server via the browser.

Example:

http://www.example.com/foo/bar
would be
/var/www/example.com/foo/bar

And Apache's DirectoryIndex feature is opening a index.php file that
is located at
/var/www/example.com/test/index.php

And from that file i need to figure out the full local path of
/foo/bar (which would be /var/www/example.com/foo/bar ) or any other
directory i browse too.

Ólafur Waage