On 27 Aug 2008, at 15:37, tedd wrote:
At 3:37 PM +0100 8/26/08, Stut wrote:
In my experience most spam can be blocked by case-insensitively checking for "[url" and "<a". There ain't many spam comments out there that don't include URLs.

-Stut

Well... that would block me many times from providing comment for I often not only comment but back my point up with a link to a demo.

Obviously if you want to accept links from users then this won't work for you, but for blocking comments from spam bots that hit every form they can find I've found nothing better than refusing comments with links.

A half-way-house would be to refuse anything with more than n links where n is reasonable for the content you're expecting. Most spam comments try to include a large number in each posting.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/