At 11:00 AM +0100 8/28/08, Ford, Mike wrote:
On 27 August 2008 18:45, Jay Blanchard advised:

 tedd-o has been around for a long time and has witnessed the evolution
 of said blow-ups dolls enough to know when he sees quality, form and
 function.

 I think I may be the second oldest regular on the
 list....tedd and I had
 that discussion once before. So I am stuck neither in the
 toolbox or the
 crayon box.

H'mm -- I think I might be competing in the "golden oldies" category,
too, although from comments made on the list I think tedd at least beats
me.  I guess I'm a bit of a rusty scalpel these days (used to be good at
fixing other people's problems / never seen the point(!) of blow-ups) --
so does that put me in an alternative toolbox??! ;)

Cheers!

Mike

I'm really not that old, I wrote my first line of code in college in 1965 -- I even remember the problem. It was how long a swimming pool would take to drain to a trickle with the drain open and a garden hose filling it. Of course, we were given all the data to solve it, but it was more an adventure in keypunching than programming.

Considering that I never took a deferment for college, I was drafted in 1966. I didn't even know what Vietnam was -- at the time.

In my younger days growing up as a hillbilly in the Ozarks of Missouri, I remember talking to old men who were alive during the Civil War -- that kind of puts a span of time on things, huh?

An interesting side note -- in the 5th grade (in the Ozarks), we were taught how to make a still. It was known that a few of us would actually go into the business and the school didn't want us to make go-blind stuff -- you see, all of the school board drank.

I'm not that old, but I've seen more than most.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------