At 1:20 PM +0200 8/30/08, Per Jessen wrote:
I think the problem is mostly on the domain owner side though - if you
register a domain for publishing something or other, but most of your
intended audience cannot enter it in an easy, straight-forward way,
you've only shot yourself in the foot, haven't you?

That's true, but what are the alternatives?

If you want a single character domain name: 1) you can't get one; 2) if and when they do become available the cost is going to be prohibitive for most -- see this:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/11/28/tech/main1080245.shtml

At present (until keyboard technology gets MUCH better) all I am offering is simply a change in what appears in the URL box of the browser window IF the browser is capable of showing Unicode code-points -- IE's aren't.

Granted, that's not much -- but I've seen fortunes made on from less.

This is just one of my many screwy nit-wit ideas -- and sometimes they pay off.

I wish I could have kept some of the money I pissed away in my younger years. But I spent it on liquor, good times, parties, and like a damned fool I squandered the rest.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------