Ross McKay schreef:
Jochem Maas wrote:

any idea as to whether auto-fill can recognize stuff like:

        foo[email] or email[foo] or email_foo
[...]

AFAIK, the auto-fill form stuff works off previously entered field
names. If a user enters their email address into a field called 'email'
on one site, then another site asks for 'email', Firefox will oblige by
remembering the email address(es) from previous entry.

figures, no blooming good to us then :-)

makes me think of another trick to block spam/cruft/etc from
form submissions (including double POSTs) ... set a hidden field
to a random value that session bound and usable only once ... if
the value is not present in the POST or it's not set in the session
as being valid and usable then don't accept the POST ... if the
POST is accepted then remove the value from the session.

Thus, if every form used 'foo[email]' then yes, it should work.
But most forms use 'email', so that's what Firefox remembers.

... me I like to have my cake and eat. ;-)

I've always thought cake was over-rated...

cake is a metaphor. let's imagine it means 'girls' for instance ... you with me
now? ;-)