Stut wrote:
On 5 Sep 2008, at 21:05, Robert Cummings wrote:
On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 15:01 -0500, Jay Moore wrote:
Greetings list!

Is it possible (and if so, how) to send username and password
information to a website with PHP?

I would like to submit some information to some network devices we have,
but they require login credentials to proceed.  I would like to bypass
the traditional username/password prompt so I can automate the procedure.

I hope this makes sense.

If you mean http auth style login information then you do the following:

   http://www.somedomain.com:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/the/path/to/resource.html

I think he meant http://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/the/path/to/resource.html.

Jay: How does the device ask for the username and password? Is it a form on the web page, a window from the browser, or what?

-Stut

Stut -

Standard browser prompt. I'm usually pretty good with PHP stuff and I've bypassed normal forms many times before, but I've never tried to bypass the browser popup (.htaccess or similar, I presume?).

Jay