tedd wrote:
At 5:37 PM +0100 9/1/08, Colin Guthrie wrote:
Tom Chubb wrote:
That's all way above my head, but I think I'll be able to understand it
after a strong coffee!

I should point out that this is really just trig and is only an approximate distance as the crow flies. Not even sure if it takes the curvature of the earth into consideration, but it's probably "good enough" for most things.

Oh, I forgot to add -- I use it for this:

http://php1.net/b/zipcode/

This plugs into a zip code dB that has the center of the zip code in lats and longs.

Cheers,

tedd

I've got code to cal all of this it's rather simple actually - I'll fire it through when i get back from work.