Jochem Maas wrote:
Colin Guthrie schreef:
Lester Caine wrote:
Jochem - You not had the problem of M$ changing default font sizes in different versions of windows? IT departments have enough problems with INSTALLING an upgrade without asking them to CHANGE the font size as well :) The complaint from THIS site was that they could not log out because the 'logout' button was hidden - selecting a size smaller font on the browser fixes the problem, but we have to add a scroll bar to the menu because "They can't change from the default settings" :(

Yeah font sizes are a pain... tip of the day: Don't put and XML preamble in if you are using XHTML and get your doctypes right. Once you do that, the font size problems are a lot easier to address.

indeed they are a pain, properly validating strict xHTML is the start of
making it manageable, other part is defining suitable style sheets that fix
the problem. plenty of eggheads offer blogs posts/articles etc that define
the issues and offer cross-browser font-size solutions.

IE font-size hell is exactly that, but there is no reason to have to pass it
on to the client ... going through M$Hell is our job ;-)

My NEW stuff addresses the problem, AND I provide free upgrades as part of the maintenance, BUT it can take several YEARS to get permission to apply those upgrades ;)

Actually this is good example of where it can be difficult to update things. I have still to get permission to switch some sites from PHP5.0.6 even though we KNOW that 5.2.6 provides speed improvements! The system is working fine for them and they do not want to break it - and yet they insist on running Windows Update in the background WHICH DOES JUST THAT - Go figure :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL