Thanks Dan and Ash. I've tried object tag, it crashed my firefox. The
audio.php file generates a simple following html. You need media
player plugin to test it. The web server
http://www.myweb.com/audio.php is my home server. Let me further
discribe the problems, it is not the embed tag problem, it is the
source in the embed tag does not download to the browser (In fact,
I've tried the object tag as Ash suggested, the object tag crashed
firefox):

(1) If I open following audio.html directly from "Open File"
file:///home/webserver/audio.html, the embed tag works just fine, the
audio can play. The /home/webserver is the directory where all
applications audio.php and audio.mp3 are stored.

(2) If I open from http://www.myweb.com/audio.php, the audio.mp3 does
not download to firefox. Nothing is played.

<embed src="audio.mp3" autostart="1"></embed>

Thanks.

Jim