                return "Yay!!";

class otherClass extends myClass {
        public function otherFunc() {
                echo $this->func();

$class=new otherClass();
echo $class->otherFunc();

oh yes, it's that simple.
2 things to remember:
1. If you want to see output, actually make sure the function you call RETURNS any output in the first place. ($hello = "Yay!!"; isn't returning anything) 2. parent::* calls on the parent class in a static context. If your class extends another, it automatically inherits all functions from that class, unless it overwrites it itself. So you can simply use $this->func() in your child class.

Ben Stones wrote:
Hi, maybe if I post below what I'm trying to do it may make more sense:

class myClass {
        public function func() {
            $hello = "Yay!!";

    class otherClass extends myClass {
        public function otherFunc() {
            echo parent::func();

    $class=new otherClass();
    echo $class->otherFunc();

Nothing outputs. Sorry I am slightly new to OOP so there may be a simple fix
for this?