On Monday 25 June 2001 09:27, Richard Lynch wrote:
> That's because POSIX is greedy.  Or Perl is greedy.  Whatever.

Perl is greedy. It *should* have worked with eregi...

> > Unfortunately it matches everything from the body tag onwards and
> > doesn't stop at the greater-than sign. It should be simple thing but
> > I'm stumped!

Greedy means: it tries to match as much as possible. In your case it
matches "<body" and then everything up to, and including, "</html>" - a
string starting with "<body" and ending with ">" :)

--
Christian Reiniger
LGDC Webmaster (http://lgdc.sunsite.dk/)

This is JohnC IMHO, I compaired tri-word groupings here and in his plan
and got a good match.

- /. posting discussing the likelihood that an AC post that claimed to be
posted by John Carmack during his honeymoon (and having the login info at
home) was actually from him.