On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Daniel Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    Yes, that's correct, Other Dan, that is something I do.

Same here.  I have Visa/MC, Discover, Amex, PayPal, and Google Checkout.
I'll add Revolution Money Exchange when the demand & tools are there.

>    Also, in the spirit of this list and its OT stuff, here's
> something else to throw into the mix that I came across a week or two
> ago.  I bookmarked it to check into later, and haven't had the chance,
> so let me know if it's a "too good to be true, but is" kind of thing
> or a "click 3,000 AdSense ads every day and get this free" scam.
>
>        http://www.freeauthnet.com/
>
> --
> </Daniel P. Brown>
> More full-root dedicated server packages:
> Intel 2.4GHz/60GB/512MB/2TB $49.99/mo.
> Intel 3.06GHz/80GB/1GB/2TB $59.99/mo.
> Intel 2.4GHz/320/GB/1GB/3TB $74.99/mo.
> Dedicated servers, VPS, and hosting from $2.50/mo.

This speaks volumes --> "That's right, YOU PAY NOTHING for the Authorize.net
license."

Funny thing, I didn't realize that there was a license, and if there is, no
one else charges for it either.  There may be some eCommerce licensing fees
that some eCommerce providers offer when they bundle everything, that's
probably what they're competing against.  Probably just a marketing ploy.

Their trans fee and per trans rate are average.  24 cents can be high or low
depending on what type of business you have, who you go through, etc.  I
wouldn't pay $8.95 for a statement fee, other people do those free.  The
gateway fee is $15.95, I think you can get that for $9.95 most other places.

I myself don't use Authorize.net.  I use the USA ePay gateway thru BCS
worldwide.  Its comparable, and really, with rates, this all depends on how
high risk your business model is, and your personal credit score and
history.

I see this as nothing more than a slightly unethical marketing ploy.

--
-Dan Joseph

www.canishosting.com - Plans start @ $1.99/month.

"Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for the rest of the day.
Light a man on fire, and will be warm for the rest of his life."