Hi,

I am just starting with PHP, I installed the new version on my Suse 7.1
with apache 1.3.14, because I need a tool for accessing databases
(Informix/Oracle).

Everything seemed fine, until I tried to start apache, it told me:

Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so into server: shared object not
open

All my investigations showed me a very "kind" member of bug.php.net, who
told someone else, that this isn't a bug and we should connect the
mailing-lists. He generously had a hint : /etc/ld.so.conf and ldconfig.
In the archive of the mailing lists I found the same informations ( a
little bit more informative), but my ld.so.conf is o.k. and at this
point any help stops.
I hope, that someone found out what's happening here and helps me.

So I have:
Intel Celreon 366 on Asus Mainboard, 256 MB RAM, Adaptec 2940UW with all
together 20GB HD, 5 swap-Areas with 128MB each.
SuSE 7.1 Prof-Edition, from this distribution I installed apache and PHP
(everything working fine, but no idea how to activate
informix/oracle-support)

Apache says, PHP4-module installed.

Thanks a lot for any help

Martin Schmidt