Nathan Rixham wrote:
Ron Rademaker wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to load an external rss feed into a DomDocument, the feed says it's uft-8 but DomDocument rightly disagrees. This causes a warning: Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding ! Bytes: 0xA3 0x36 0x35 0x20

Is there any way I can get DomDocument to skip that part of the feed. I'm not looking for the LIBXML_NOERROR option which results in not loading the feed at all. The feed has some incorrectly encoded pound sign in it that causes the problem. I'd much rather have the feed just without that pound sign (or maybe some weird character) than not having the feed at all.

Thanks,
Ron

it's probably in latin-1; try running it through utf8_encode first :)

That's not really an option when users can define their own RSS feeds, how can I tell which ones actually do as they say and which ones don't?