On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 18:48 -0500, Joey wrote:
> Sorry for the delay.
>
> The purpose is to be able to see what is running on a site at any given time.
> If we are webhosting we want to make sure something is live or not and see
> the whole page, without visiting each and every site.  Plus the sites might
> change so we want to know at any given time.

Why don't you set up a cron job (can be on any computer, doesn't have to
be the server) that just grabs a page from a list of sites using wget.
You could then check for the response codes for any problems, and
possible add a grep in there to make sure the site is not showing any
errors?

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk