This one time, at band camp, tedd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Easter lands on different dates depending upon several different
> factors. For example in Canada it's the day after it is in the USA --
> I guess Canadians are slower, eh?  :-)
>
> Also, in some religions the date is the full-moon after the Equinox
> and not a specific date. Furthermore, the Equinox does not always
> land on March 21, but sometimes it's March 20 (leap year).

So, the key is to find the date of the Vernal Equinox, which as you say,
does not always land on March 21. However, every 400 years, it does happen
on March 21 7:30am GST. From there, we can derive a base for future dates.
Every 4th year is a leap year, and every 4th century, giving 97 leap days
each 400 years. so (365*400+97)/400 is 365.2425 gives the length of each year.
Then the dates can be calculated as follows:

http://phpro.org/examples/Get-Vernal-Equinox.html

Any improvements welcomed

Kind regards
Kevin