On 19 Nov 2008, at 12:01, Nathan Rixham wrote:
from some of my sites:
Browser % visits
Firefox 88.43%
Internet Explorer 9.99%

Firefox 46.89%
Internet Explorer 37.66%
Opera 7.36%
Safari 5.39%
Chrome 2.17%

Firefox 46.80%
Internet Explorer 42.45%
Safari 5.36%
Opera 3.07%
Mozilla 1.22%

although the crapness of firefox 3 may change that a bit..

Browser stats depend greatly on the content of the site, as indicated by the differences between your three examples. One of the sites I manage appeals to Joe Public more than any other site I'm involved in, and the stats reflect the fact that most people use what comes with their computer, probably because they don't think there's a "better" option.

Internet Explorer     80.86%
Firefox               14.56%
Safari                 2.51%
Mozilla                0.85%
Opera                  0.61%
Chrome                 0.43%
Playstation 3          0.07%
SeaMonkey              0.02%
Playstation Portable   0.01%
Netscape               0.01%

Firefox is certainly gaining, as is Safari, but IE is still the dominant player by far.

The greatest accuracy for something like this comes from Hitwise, Comscore and similar companies. It's unfortunate that Google stopped publishing their stats as those would probably be as accurate as they could get.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/