[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I have a PHP application that accesses data from MySQL. There is table
called "rooms", and table called "beds". There is another table called
"patients". Patients are being placed into beds, and beds are in the
rooms. PHP application currently displays all information in textual mode
via regular HTML tags. But I would like to have that information displayed
in graphical mode instead of textual mode.

Is there a way to display this information from the database graphically.
Graphic would represent a room, and it would contain beds inside. You
would be able to see visually which beds are occupied and which are free
by looking at the graphics.

User of the system wants pictures instead of text displayed via HTML
tables as a list of entries.

Anyone knows anything like this?
Thanks,
Dzenan

Sure, you just need to make PHP draw the graphics. You can do that using the GD library[1], imagemagick[2], or in some cases even do it manually (eg. SVG, but that's not supported at all by IE).

[1] http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.image.php
[2] http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.imagick.php