Works ok for me on FFox v2 and v3 on my Windows XP machines, but when trying it on IE v6.0 the speech is played back REALLY fast. Like super chipmunk style. I tried a duration of 5.5, but that mainly just made the pauses between the words longer, but was still very high pitched and fast.

Also, it's really annoying that the text that I just typed in to test disappears. I HATE it when websites forget what I just input, and when writing scripts I hate loosing or throwing away user input.

But still, good work on the VOX, too bad all text to speech synthesisers I've used sound like a computer. My Dad blurted out when I first went to your site 'Ohh I was playing with text to speech 30 years ago.'

I can see things like this being a big plus for usability.

Michael Kubler
*G*rey *P*hoenix *P*roductions <http://www.greyphoenix.biz>

Nathan Nobbe wrote:
On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Daniel P. Brown