Angelo Zanetti schreef:
> Hi all,
>
> I am busy trying to figure out how to get the last working day in a month.
>
> I was wondering if there was a script already written, but this is what I
> imagine should work:
>
> Get the current day and see if it's the last day of the month. If its true
> check if it's a Saturday or Sunday if it's either of those 2 days then
> return false else return true?
>
> I also need to take public holidays into account. What would be the best
> solution for that? Store the public holidays in a table and check if the
> current day isn't a public holiday?

you need a process with a few simple steps.

1. find the last day of the month, this is quite easy ... google gives answers
as does the manual. e.g.:

http://lutrov.com/blog/php-last-day-of-the-month-calculation/

2. determine if this is a week day. if yes go to step three else 'roll the date
back'
24 hours and go to step 2.

3. determine if this is a holiday, if yes 'roll the date back' 24 hours and go
to step 2. else you have found the last working day of the month.

with regard to determining if a day is a holiday your best bet is to store these
in a database table. and check against that ... you may be able to find a source
of holiday data online from which you can sync your local datasource
periodically
(e.g. via a cron job).

hth