At 10:12 AM -0500 12/10/08, APseudoUtopia wrote:
On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 10:03 AM, tedd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 > In my mind, hacking a site (without doing damage) is a good introduction to
 > a client.

*Ahem*....You mean 'cracking'? :-P

*Ahem*... You mean to stick your tongue out at me? That's one definitions of using :-P

You see, there's all sorts of definitions for everything.

When I say "Hack a site" I mean to do something to get the site to provide an unintended result as expected by the author.

Much like using CSS "Hacks" to get browsers to do something that was not intended by the original designers.

On the other hand, my understanding of "cracking" means to "crack" some type of encryption. Thus, the reason why I did not say "cracking the site" instead of "hacking the site".

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------