On 28 Jun 2001 02:08:20 -0700 impersonator of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
("elias") planted &I saw in php.general:

>It all depends on your experience and knowledge.
>You know that if you're too experienced you can save lots of research and
>learning time.
>therefore you have to estimate how much does your hour cost and how much are
>you able to do.
>you can start by $20/hour.......

You stared your post almost as i   think, but then degraded to
Unionistic's/Communistic (to my mind:) views. I think - only the end
product costs something (not a labor by itself) - therefore cost would
better be estimated for the whole needed to be done project (based on
market price). And you decide - whether you fit required deadlines, and
whither your performance is enough to support yourself on every concrete
project. At least this seem to be right for freelances.. I know, trade
unions will flame me for that:) But then again what are they have being
doing all the time (and not always _genital_:)

>""Alva Chew"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>9hejcu$3n6$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:9hejcu$3n6$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Just don't really know where to post this, so here goes:
>>
>> I am working as a freelance programmer. Problem is I don't really have a
>> clue how the pricing mechanism in the industry works. I have heard
>> calculations based on man hours and lines of code, so perhaps anyone one
>can
>> tell me on the average, how much should I be charging per man hour, or per
>> line of code?
>>
>> Sincere thanks and regards,
>> Alva Chew, Singapore
>>

>> --
>> To contact the list administrators, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Leonid (not a member:)