Bastien,

Thanks for your response. The curious thing is that the value is passed when using FF, but not passed when using IE.

Here is the relevant form html:

                                        <form action="" method="post">
                                                <label>Flip It!</label>
<input name="style" type="image" src="images/switch-button- grey.gif" title="Default Theme" id="style1" value="default" /> <input name="style" type="image" src="himages/switch-button- default.gif" title="Alternate Theme" id="style2" value="alternate" />
                                        </form>

The action attribute is left blank so the form posts to the current page. The theme switcher script is at the top of each page and intercepts the posted variables.

Any thoughts?