Ashley Sheridan wrote:
On Wed, 2008-12-31 at 20:41 +0000, Ólafur Waage wrote:
Short: Is it possible to see the PHP code that is going to be
processed in whole?

Long: I love to see things visually, and while programming i create
all kinds of debugging variables i keep on the side for each
page/request.
I know this is possibly not possible since this has to be done from
either the Zend Engine or PHP itself, but if i could see a complete
output of all the code within my project that is used for a certain
execution.

Example:
I call index.php?page=10

index.php includes functions.php and classes.php
classes.php include page_classes.php if there is a $_GET["page"]
variable set and product_classes.php if there is a $_GET["product"]
variable set

What i would like to see is the linear output of what code is included
(so the data of functions.php, classes.php, then page_classes.php, and
then index.php (not product_classes.php since its not included within
this request)

This is most likely possible with some PHP code but I'm thinking of
trying to make sense of an old project i didn't create quickly and if
this is possible it would help a lot.

Have you looked at PHPDebug? It offers something similar to what has
been offered by ASP, ColdFusion, and .Net in terms of debugging output,
and could help you?

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

you can also just use eclipse+pdt, stick it in debug mode and step through every line of code exploring all the variables and such like every step of the way